Abdikalikova Laura Bekenova
Mukhtasarova Ainur Samatovna
Kadirova Gulsara Bakitkalievna
Zhurmagambetova Zhanna Hazizovna
The objective of the Professional Growth Center is: organization of events for the distribution of graduates of bachelor’s degree, internship, residency, master’s, doctoral studies, monitoring the employment of University graduates, organization and conduct of additional education (cycles of advanced training and certification courses) of practical health professionals.
- Main functions of the PGC:
- coordination of activities for the distribution and monitoring of employment of graduates
- organization of relations with business partners, employers on employment of university graduates
- formation of a database of graduates
- collecting the needs for specialists from the health care institutions of 5 areas of the WK
- organization and conduct of preliminary and final distribution of university graduates
- monitoring the employment of graduates
- monitoring the assignment of young specialists at the place of distribution for 1-3 years
- survey of employers and graduates preparation of employment reports
- analysis of the career growth of young professionals
- organization and conduct of additional education of practical healthcare specialists
- development of new professional development programs, certification courses and non-formal education programs
- conducting field training cycles with the involvement of experienced teaching staff
- introduction of additional education programs in the catalog of educational programs of the Ministry of Health of the RK.
The Department of Graduate Employment (now the Professional Growth Center) developed:
- questionnaire of graduates on the subject of satisfaction with the quality of the provided employment conditions
- questionnaire of employers on assessment of satisfaction with the quality of graduate training
- questionnaire of the listener on the subject of satisfaction with the quality of training in the cycle of advanced training, certification courses
«Regulations of professional training» (2009, 2014), «Regulation of professional training of learners and monitoring of graduates’ employment of Marat Ospanov WKSMU» (Aktobe, 2015); «Regulations on practice» (Aktobe, 2020); «Regulation on the graduates’ employment of Marat Ospanov WKSMU» (Aktobe, 2020), «Regulation of Professional Growth Center» (Aktobe, 2021), «Methodological recommendations for the development of additional education programs in the JSC «West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov Medical University»» (Aktobe, 2022 г.).
The university has an expanded network of clinical practice bases and further employment of graduates. (106 clinical bases in the regional and district centers of 5 regions of the WK and Kostanay region).
For the purpose of the qualitative monitoring of graduates’ employment is conducted the collection of needs in specialists by Regional Health Management 5 regions in West Kazakhstan; Directions monitoring and monitoring of graduates’ employment; a survey of employers and graduates. Annually, preliminary and final distribution of young specialists with the participation of representatives of Health Management, local executive authority and other organizations (“Job fair”).
With future graduates, meetings are held with employers, young specialists on employment issues, under the conditions of 3-year work of graduates who studied under a grant (rural quota), the conditions for admission to residency, magistracy and doctoral studies. The improvement and upgrade the quality of improvement of employment monitoring system of graduates are always conducted.
For additional education, experienced teaching staff of university departments (professors, docents), highly qualified specialists from clinical bases are involved. More than 80% of the staff of clinical departments have the highest and first qualification category. During the period of work of the Faculty of Advanced Training of Doctors and the Department of Additional Education, more than 40,000 doctors and 3,000 secondary medical workers were trained. In organizing postgraduate supplementary education, the PGC takes into account the actual situation in practical health care, which requires the training of specialists at various levels. The number of developed new educational programs for advanced training in various specialties increases annually.
The PGC trains doctors in the following specialties: therapy, cardiology, emergency and emergency medical care, surgery, endovidesurgeony, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, neonatology, phthisiology, neurology, health organization, General practitioner (family doctor), radiology and US diagnostics, anesthesiology and resuscitation, psychiatry, forensic medicine, oncology, infectious diseases, laboratory diagnostics, pathology, occupational pathology, pharmacy, dentistry, bacteriology, traumatology, epidemiology, urology, otorinolaringology, ophthalmology. Since 2010, professional development cycles in maxillofacial surgery, narcology, and dermatovenerology have been conducted for the first time. The teaching staff of the Faculty of Advanced Medical Training actively participated in scientific work: employees went to symposiums, conferences, congresses with reports. The staff of the Faculty of Advanced Medical Training defended – 2 doctoral, 11 candidate dissertations, issued – 9 monographs, 22 methodological recommendations, published more than 1000 articles and theses.
Currently, the university staff continues to carry out medical and advisory work throughout West Kazakhstan. In recent years, the staff of clinical departments (obstetrics/gynecology, pediatrics, neonatology, anesthesiology, therapy) have paid much attention to reducing maternal and child mortality. Cycles, seminars, conferences, speeches in the media about modern issues of childbirth, newborn care are held. Highly qualified cardiac surgical care is provided to the population of the West region of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the Medical Center WK M. Ospanov MU. In 2020-2021, the teaching staff of the Department of Infectious Diseases, Phthisiology and Dermatovenerology conducted extensive advisory and curative care for patients with COVID-19. Trainings and seminars on the study of clinical protocols for the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 are conducted. The material and technical support of the educational process of departments involved in additional education is constantly improving.
The PGC works closely with regional regional health departments (Aktobe, Atyrau, Mangystau, West Kazakhstan, Kyzylorda regions). Issues of professional development of specialists of these regions are being jointly resolved. As a result of close work, the university regularly receives positive feedback from the regions about the work of its employees.
Welcome to the Professional Growth Center at the address: the main building of the university, 6th floor, 601, 605, 606 rooms; telephones 8 7172 56 74 18; 8 7172 56 02 18.