Department of Pharmacology
Course of clinical pharmacology
For the first time, lectures and classes of the discipline “Clinical Pharmacology” were organized and methodically equipped in 1986 at the Department of Pharmacology of the Aktobe State Medical Institute.
The first lecturer was the head of the Department of Pharmacology, Kuzdenbaeva Raisa Salmaganbetovna, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Academy of Preventive Medicine, laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Kazakhstan, awarded the Order of the Badge of Honor, “Qurmet”, the Order of Mikhail Lomonosov of the Russian Federation, the badge “Excellence in Healthcare of the USSR”, the medal “10 years of independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, Letter of thanks of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N.A. Nazarbayev.
In 2002 she was awarded the title of “Honorary Citizen of Aktobe”.
Raisa Salmaganbetovna Member of the Board of the All-Union Scientific Society of Pharmacologists (1971-1994), Honorary Member of the Scientific Society of Pharmacologists of the Russian Federation, member of the editorial board of the journals “Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology” (RF), “Central Asian Medical Journal”, “Pharmacy” (RK)
R.S.Kuzdenbaeva is the author of several monographs, more than 500 scientific works, 30 inventions. 42 doctoral and candidate dissertations were defended under the supervision of Raisa Salmaganbetovna. She was the head of preclinical tests of the phytopreparation “Kyzyl May”. Since 1994, under the leadership of Raisa Kuzdenbaeva at the Department of Pharmacology of our university, the development of a new direction of research work on the creation and study of the therapeutic and prophylactic properties of drugs from local plant materials has been started. As a result, 11 original herbal remedies were obtained: “Licorice oil” “Nettle oil”, polyphyt oil “Shukur May”, etc.
Kuzdenbaeva Raisa Salmaganbetovna
Classes were also taught by the leading teachers of the institute: Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Karimov Tolendy Karimovich.
Karimov Tolendy Karimovich
Professor Mavlyudova Nadiya Malikovna, trained in educational institutions in Moscow and Leningrad.
Mavlyudova Nadiya Malikovna
Course of clinical pharmacology was organized at the department of hospital therapy in 1990.
The first course leader was Associate Professor, Ph.D. Zholdin Bekbolat Kulzhanovich, now a professor, who completed his primary specialization at the Department of Clinical Pharmacology of the First Moscow Medical Institute.
The course assistant was Ph.D. Svetlana Zhumagalievna Kulkaeva, who also completed her specialization at the III Moscow Dental Institute (1990-1996)
Candidate of Medical science Smagulova Gaziza Azhmagievna became Associate professor of the course of clinical pharmacology in 1999.
Over the years, c.m.s. Kulkaeva Svetlana Zhumagalevna, c.m.s. Beketov Askar Sakenovich, c.m.s. Veklenko Galina Viktorovna, Mukhtarova Botagoz Kushkinbaevna, c.m.s. Nuftieva Ainur Islyamovna, Uvalieva Nurgul Tolepovna worked at the course.
Kanturinova A.Z. (2002-2004), Baizhanova A.S. (2003-2005) completed training in clinical residency in the course of clinical pharmacology.
Since 2005, the course of clinical pharmacology had been part of the Department of Propedeutics of Internal Diseases, headed by Professor Akhmetov Kayyrgali Zhalelovich, then Associate Professor,candidate of medical science Veklenko Galina Viktorovna.
Akhmetov Kayyrgali Zhalelovich
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Propedeutics of Internal Diseases of the West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov medical university.
K.Zh.Akhmetov defended his dissertation on the topic “Rhythm of daily fluctuations in fat metrics in patients with coronary heart disease” (1973), doctoral dissertation on the topic “Damage sensitivity and chronofreading to hypotensive drugs in patients with hypertension” in 1994.
Veklenko Galina Viktorovna
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor. The doctor of the highest category. She lectures and conducts practical classes on the proportion of internal diseases, as well as for residents of 1 and 2 courses in the specialty of clinical pharmacology. Awarded as “Excellent Health Worker of the Republic of Kazakhstan”
Scientific projects of the department of propaedeutics of internal diseases and clinical pharmacology:
- Development of an independent register and scientifically based proposals for the diagnosis and treatment of acute coronary syndrome in Aktobe and Aktobe region (2011-2013)
- Genetic determinants of a response to clopidogrel in residents of Aktobe region (2013-2016)
- State of pharmacotherapy in the emergency hospitals of Western Kazakhstan (2014-2017)
- Study of the importance of polymorphic options for genes associated with the efficiency andsafety of anticoagulant therapy with warfarin in the Kazakh population (2019-2020)
Clinical pharmacology today
Since 2020, the course is part of the Department of Pharmacology, which is headed by Smagulova Gaziza Azhmagievna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, therapist of the Higher Category, Clinical Pharmacologist. She participates in the development of clinical protocols of diagnosis and treatment of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The author of more than 100 scientific works in the field of cardiology, clinical pharmacology, rational use of drugs, pharmacology and oncology.
Smagulova Gaziza Azhmagievna
The Associate Professor of the course – Musina Aigul Zakarievna. She defended his thesis in PhD’s doctoral studies in 2017, has a practical experience of a clinical pharmacology doctor in the hospitals of Aktobe. She participates in the conduct of master classes, in the scientific works of the department on Medicinal Interactions and Pharmacogenetics, stands with reports at conferences.
Mussina Aigul Zakarievna
Current course assistants Zhankulova Assem Bulatovna, Yesengubekova Asemgul Baurzhanovna, Yergaliyeva Zhuldyz Amangeldievna are employed on the course of clinical pharmacology after finishing clinical residency. They teach discipline clinical pharmacology for interns in the field of therapy, general practitioners, dentists, pharmacists.
All staff members are members of the Association of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacists of Kazakhstan, advise patients with therapeutic profile, combine the work of clinical pharmacology, are authors of scientific articles, copyright certificates and patents.
At 2022-2023, the staff of the Department planned scientific work on the topic:
“Related bacterial infections and pharmacoepidemiology of antibiotic resistance in patients with COVID-19: the situation in the Aktobe region.”
Residents, undergraduates and doctoral students of the Department are involved in all projects.
Over the past 3 years, about 8 articles with impact factor in foreign editions are published, some of them:
- «Gene polymorphism of CYP2C19*2, *3 and CYP3A4*1B and early stent», «Personalized medicine»102217/pme 2016-004. CiteScore 1,0
- «Manifestations of CYP2C19 Polymorphism in Acute Coronary Syndrome Patients that Underwent Percutaneous Coronary Intervention» International Journal Of Pharmacy & Technology June – 2016/Vol.8/Issue No.2/13706-13715 CiteScore 0,12.
- Effect of an educational intervention on the number potential drug-drug interactionsSaudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2019, 27(5), стр. 717–723. CiteScore 2020 – 5.7
- A clinical case of diagnosis of breast cancer in patients with family history of BRCA mutations 1 Reports of Practical Oncology and Radiotherapy, 2021, 26(3), стр. 463–469. CiteScore 2020 – 1.7
Over the past 3 years, the the faculty staff of the department are co-author of the following copyright certificates and implementations:
1) Copyright Certificate №12245: Pharmacoepidemiological approaches to optimization of anticoagulant therapy with warfarin
2) Copyright certificate №15238: Effect of an educational intervention on the number of potential drug-drug interactions.
Acts of implementation in practical healthcare:
1) Algorithms for the prevention of possible clinical consequences of potentially hazardous drug interactions in all departments of the medical institution of the state communal enterprise on the principle of economic management “Hospital of ambulance” №279 from 15.05.2017
2) Monitoring the state of pharmacotherapy in all departments of the medical institution of the state communal enterprise on the principle of economic management “Hospital of ambulance” using online checker Drugs.com (FDA) to identify potentially hazardous drug interactions №280 from 15.05.2017.
3) Algorithms for the prevention of adverse drug reactions based on the Beers criteria (the concept of “potentially irresented drugs” in the elderly patients) in all departments of the medical institution of the state communal enterprise on the principle of economic management “Hospital of ambulance” №281 dated 05/15/2017
4) Application (use) of the Warfarindosing.org calculator to select the initial dose of warfarin to patients with heart pathology in the medical process of the state communal enterprise on the principle of economic management “Hospital of ambulance” No. 153 of 17.06.2021
2 Guidelines were published for residents:
1) Monitoring potentially hazardous drug interactions in cardiological practice: Methodical recommendations / Musina A.Z., Smagulova G.A., Zhamalieva L.M. and others – Aktobe: West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov state medical university, 2017. – 36c.
2) Anticoagulant therapy for atrial fibrillation: Methodical recommendations / Musina A.Z., Smagulova G.A., Utepova I.D. – Aktobe: West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov state medical university, 2020. – 25 p.
Within the framework of commercialization, in 2021 master class on the topic “Potentially dangerous drug interactions in the practice of a doctor” was held for a professorship-teaching staff.
The department actively cooperates with long-term colleagues.
As part of the program “Visiting-professor” Christina Mikael Gichiyuk, Professor of the Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology and Algeziology of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy from Romania in 2019 read lectures and conducted master classes for residents on topical issues of clinical pharmacology
As part of the implementation of the Strategic Partnership Program offline and online training course called “Clinical Pharmacology in practice” was held by Polish experts in 2019, 2020, lectures were led by leading staff of the Department of Pharmacology of the Poznan University of Medical Sciences of Poland: Professor Marzena Dworackauwka, Franciszek Glowka, and others.
Resident classes are conducted using innovative learning methods:
- Team Based Learning – (TBL)
- Expert assessment of pharmacotherapy
- Training “equal to equal” (Peer Education)
The practical work of residents includes:
- Curacy of patients in the departments of the clinic,
- Consultations on pharmacotherapy issues,
- Examination of the rationality of medication purposes,
- preparation of medicinal formulations,
- identification of side effects of drugs,
- Filling the medical records in their occurrence,
- Informing the National Center for Drug Expertise on cases of serious unwanted reactions,
- Conducting ABC / VEN to analyze drug costs,
- Control of medical appointments in the department of hospital pharmacy.
All their competencies are carried out under the supervision of clinical mentors: clinical pharmacologists, therapists with experience of clinical bases: Aktobe Medical Center, Hospital of ambulance and other hospitals:
1) Rakhmatullina Tolkynai Nikolaevna – therapist of “Hospital of ambulance” of Aktobe
2) Uvaliyeva Nurgul Tolepovna – clinical pharmacologist of “Hospital of ambulance” Aktobe
3) Esenzhulova Ardak Beketovna – Medical Director of AMC Adult Hospital of Aktobe
4) Hayrullina Zamza Saifullovna, head of the quality management service and strategic planning “AMC” Aktobe
5) Garipova Zulfia Aglyamovna – clinical pharmacologist “AMC” Aktobe
6) Mukanov Erlan Maksutovich – Deputy Chief Doctor for Medical Parts “Regional Multidisciplinary Hospital” Uralsk
7) Istaev Azamat Rafhatovich – Director of the “Medical Center” LLP, Uralsk
8) Zhalgasbayeva Nurgul Zholybekkyzy – Deputy Chief Physician of the Medical Part Polyclinic №6″ Kyzyl-Orda
Esenzhulova Ardak Beketovna
Yesenzhulova Ardak Beketovna – Medical Director of the state communal enterprise on the principle of economic management “AMC” Aktobe, Candidate of Medical Sciences. She defended her thesis on the topic: “A pharmacoeconomic analysis of the effectiveness of immunomodulators in complex therapy of bronchial asthma”.
It is one of the mentors who made a significant contribution to the development of clinical pharmacology in practical health care. Under the leadership of Ardak Beketovna within the framework of resource-saving technologies, which made it possible to personally and efficiently approach medicinal therapy, the Department of Hospital Pharmacy was introduced in the Aktobe Medical Center.
There are residents who, along with study, work as clinical pharmacologists in other cities – Uralsk, Kyzyl Orda.
Almost all graduates of the residency tied their professional activities with clinical pharmacology.
The graduate of 2021 Ablakimov Nurgul Yerkinkyzy at the end of the residency entered PhD’s doctoral studies, throughout her studies she actively helped the department in collaboration with foreign colleagues, combined her studies with teaching activities. Darmenova Aiganym Onbosynkyzy is the only clinical pharmacologist in the city of Atyrau, Karifulla Gulzada Abibullakyzy – in the city of Kzyl-Orda.
Due to our residents the principles of rational use of drugs are being implemented in leading clinical bases of Aktobe.
Specialty of clinical pharmacology in our region develops in a good and dynamic pace.