The history of the West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University began in 1957. The Order of Higher Education of the USSR: "... in order to provide qualified medical personnel in Western and North-Western Kazakhstan", on September 1, 1957 Aktobe State Medical Institute (ASMI) was opened in the specialty "General Medicine". Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor., later - doctor of medical sciences, academician DairovA.B was appointed the first rector of the Institute. The opening of the Institute marked the beginning of the development of medical education and science in Kazakhstan. The first teachers came from the leading medical institutions of the USSR. In a short time, the educational process was organized, the first enrollment of students was conducted and the start of life for a new higher education institution in Aktobe was given. The first dean was MD, associate professor Sorokin AP, who organized one of the fundamental departments - normal anatomy and anatomical museum, which became the best among medical universities in Kazakhstan. By the middle of October 1957, seven departments were opened at the Institute. Rector A.B. Dairov headed the department of general surgery concurrently from 1957 to 1963. During this period 33 departments were opened in ASMI, including 17 - in clinical ones. In 1963 under the guidance of the Rector RastopchinaN.D. there was the first graduation of young specialists: 157 physicians began a new life. The Department of Urology was also opened at that time, and the construction of the morphological building was started.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.